Friday 15 April 2016

Sam & Nicole Part 3

Production continued where it left off in the previous week. I've painted four of the backgrounds and cleaned them on the computer. Here is the café~


The colors aren't final yet. I'll continue to tweak them when we can compare them to in game characters and dialog box which isn't done yet.

As I explained in the previous post parts of the background is painted separately to make it possible to slide them onto the "stage"(background) when it is being loaded. The originals looks like this~


That is how they are used in the engine.

The difficult part of this week has been to match my painting technique. I haven't been using watercolors for a little while and I had to experiment to come up with the visual technique I wanted to use while painting. Unfortunately I did not do a test run for this, instead I went straight to production work. It caused the style of my first painting to be different from the others. Thankfully I was able to tweak it digitally to look more similar to my later painting. Here is an before and after of the living room~
Before
After
It isn't perfect but it will have to do for now. If we get time at the end we decided I could repaint it.
That's it for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment