Wednesday 28 October 2015

Year 2

Long time no writing. I have neglected this blog a great deal. I'm bad at blogging. In short. Anyhow. It is my second year at Campus Gotland now, and I've finally started with what brought me to Gotland. The 3D course! I've been looking forward to this moment a lot. I've loved every minute so far, even the ones when I'm having so many software issues and errors I don't even know how to describe.

Now, we are actually at the end of this specific course. This course consisted of three assignments being done individually. The first assignment was to create two kinds of crates. No texture. The second one was to model a object from real life using photo textures. This one was going to have diffuse map, specular map, roughness map, and normal map. I found this especially fun as this brought the model to life.

Here is a reference of the object I choose.

And here is my finished model.

It is a bit different, yes. I had to cut down on the details. But I learned a lot from experimenting with the combined effect of the specular map and roughness map in the unreal engine. I don't have much to say since this was a couple of weeks ago. I'll talk about our final assignment in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment